An assortment of rides and inflatables will be in MacLeod Park to give everyone something to enjoy.
Rides and inflatables will be running from approximately 11am until 5pm.
The fireworks will commence at dusk or about 10pm.
The display will be set to music provided by Xtreme Sounds DJ Service of Cannington.
Come down and enjoy the show. A limited BBQ and concession area will be set up. Parking available in the Rick MacLeish Memorial Community Centre parking lot.
Lions BBQ & Concession
There will be lots to eat and drink at the 2019 Canada Day Festival. The usual Lions BBQ and Concession area will be open the entire day serving up burgers, large hot dogs, and sausages. There will also be an array of snacks including the popular candy floss.
Food and drink will be purchased by ticket and the tickets will be sold at the main information table located across from the picnic pavillion.
The Cannington Lions Club can't hold this event without the help of our community volunteers.
If you are able to lend us some of your valuable time we would appreciate it. Different jobs are available for different shifts. Below is a summary of what we're looking for:
June 30 (setup day)
Generally setup runs from about 10am to 7pm
Table and chair setup
BBQ and concession arrangement
July 1 (event)
Shifts are All Day, 10am to 2pm, and 2pm to 6pm.
If you are available for other times that is welcomed as well
BBQ and concession serving
BBQ and concession "runners"
Maintenance and supply assistance
Main table guest assistance
Beer tent assistance (must be legal age)
July 2 (cleanup)
Generally starts at about 9am
Table and chair stacking
Supplies packaged and stored
Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated. All volunteers MUST complete and submit the Volunteer Information form below. It should be completed and submitted before the event. Youth under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign.
All volunteers assisting on Canada Day will receive a complimentary meal from the BBQ. Any youth working during the day will have their hours count toward community service requirements.
- Ballots and returning boxes to be located at Cannington Post Office, and Brock-Simcoe Accounting
- Nominations may also be emailed, faxed, or mailed
- Online nomination form below
- Winner will receive award and framed letter on July 1st at Canada Day Festival
- $100 donation in winner's name to Lions Clubs Camp Kirk
Terms and Conditions:
· Nominee must be a citizen of the Cannington area or have been a citizen of the Cannington area during the past.
· Nominee should be someone who has contributed to the betterment of the Cannington area community
· Nominator MUST provide full reasoning for nomination
· Nominator must be available for contact and verification purposes
· Canada Day Committee will have final determination on winning nomination
· Multiple nominations for one individual will not affect the vote by The Canada Day Committee as name will only be presented to committee once. Each name submitted to committee will have all reasons from all nominations.
· Winning nominee will receive award during Canada Day celebrations and will have a $100 donation in his/her name made to Lions Club’s Camp Kirk
· Nomination can be submitted in formats other than official nomination ballot. Emails, fax cover, letter, or through online ballot (www.canningtonlionsclub.ca) will be accepted. Please ensure that all writing is legible and all sections completed. If mailing please provide ample time for delivery
· Nomination entries may be completed and forwarded in the following ways:
· Mail to: Cannington Lions Club Canada Day PO Box 458, Cannington, Ontario L0E 1E0
· Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Fax to: 705-432-8450
· Online ballot at www.canningtonlionsclub.ca
· Nominations MUST be received no later than June 15, 2022 to be considered