2023 CANNINGTON CANADA DAY FESTIVAL
CLASSIC AND CUSTOM CAR & TRUCK SHOW
An assortment of rides and inflatables will be in MacLeod Park to give everyone something to enjoy.
Rides and inflatables will be running from approximately 11am until 5pm.
Weather permitting we're expected well over 100 classic and custom cars & trucks to converge on Cannington for July 1st. The public is welcomed to come down and check it out at no charge! The public is also welcomed to vote for the People's Choice Award for their favourite car or truck.
Fireworks Display will commence at dusk or about 10pm.
The display will be set to music provided by Xtreme Sounds DJ Service of Cannington.
Come down and enjoy the show. A limited BBQ and concession area will be set up. Parking available in the Rick MacLeish Memorial Community Centre parking lot.
Lions BBQ & Concession
Mini Escape Room
Get a taste of the Cannington Haunted Trail by visiting the mini escape room and have a scary good time.
Special Financial Assistance By:
Government of Canada - Celebrate Canada program
SPONSORS ARE KEY
CAR AND TRUCK SHOW
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION CAR SHOW SPONSORS
The classic and custom car & truck show returns again to MacLeod Park again this year as part of the 2023 Cannington Lions Club Canada Day Festival.
Attendance by the public is again free to this year's show.
Those bringing their car or truck down are welcomed and weather permitting we expect upwards of 150 vehicles!
Registration in the park opens at 7am and continues to noon.
Those wishing to participate in this year's show may download and complete the registration paperwork and then bring it with you on the day of the event. The registration fee is payable on the day of the event.
Registration cost remains unchanged at $10 and includes complimentary tickets for The Cannington Lions Club's BBQ and Concession area.
Complete your registration form below.
Registration Form (coming soon)
The Cannington Lions Club welcomes everyone to attend this year's event.
The first 150 car show entrants will receive a free dash plaque.
Award presentations will commence at about 1:30 pm and everyone is welcomed
The Cannington Lions Club would like to thank the many sponsors of the car show. Our valued sponsors help make the event free for the public to attend and help provide the many prizes awarded.
More information by contacting Lion Mike Samis: 647-225-1176
email us at email@example.com
Keep up to date by checking out our Facebook page
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED AND WANTED
The Cannington Lions Club can't hold this event without the help of our community volunteers.
If you are able to lend us some of your valuable time we would appreciate it. Different jobs are available for different shifts. Below is a summary of what we're looking for:
June 30 (setup day)
- Generally setup runs from about 10am to 7pm
- Table and chair setup
- Decorating park
- Tent setup
- Signage setup
- Supply transport
- BBQ and concession arrangement
July 1 (event)
- Shifts are All Day, 10am to 2pm, and 2pm to 6pm.
- If you are available for other times that is welcomed as well
- BBQ and concession serving
- BBQ and concession "runners"
- Maintenance and supply assistance
- Main table guest assistance
- Beer tent assistance (must be legal age)
July 2 (cleanup)
- Generally starts at about 9am
- Table and chair stacking
- Park cleanup
- Supplies packaged and stored
- Signage removal
- Tent removal
Non Profit Groups are a big part of Canada Day. We welcome them to come down and promote their organization and cause.
Any groups wishing to take part needs to complete the Attending Non Profit Organization Information form. Please complete and return to our Canada Day Committee no later than June 15.
Form is available below and can be returned:
- Fax 705-432-8450
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- drop off: 102 Peace Street Cannington
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ARE A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION AND WISH TO ALSO SELL ITEMS YOU MUST REGISTER AS A VENDOR AND PAY THE APPLICABLE FEES. PLEASE REFER TO OUR VENDOR PAGE.
NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN FOR 2023
CITIZEN OF THE YEAR
Terms and Conditions:
· Nominee must be a citizen of the Cannington area or have been a citizen of the Cannington area during the past.
· Nominee should be someone who has contributed to the betterment of the Cannington area community
· Nominator MUST provide full reasoning for nomination
· Nominator must be available for contact and verification purposes
· Canada Day Committee will have final determination on winning nomination
· Multiple nominations for one individual will not affect the vote by The Canada Day Committee as name will only be presented to committee once. Each name submitted to committee will have all reasons from all nominations.
· Winning nominee will receive award during Canada Day celebrations and will have a $100 donation in his/her name made to Lions Club’s Camp Kirk
· Nomination can be submitted in formats other than official nomination ballot. Emails, fax cover, letter, or through online ballot (www.canningtonlionsclub.ca) will be accepted. Please ensure that all writing is legible and all sections completed. If mailing please provide ample time for delivery
· Nomination entries may be completed and forwarded in the following ways:
· Mail to: Cannington Lions Club Canada Day PO Box 458, Cannington, Ontario L0E 1E0
· Email to: email@example.com
· Fax to: 705-432-8450
· Online ballot at www.canningtonlionsclub.ca
· Nominations MUST be received no later than June 15, 2023 to be considered
Past Citizens Of The Year
2022: Ron Gerrow
2020: Our Frontline Workers
2019: Angela Canavan
2018: Lisa Schummer
2017: Shelley Bowler
2016: Late Rick MacLeish
2015: Glenn Tait
Depending on what you need to contact us about here's some names and contact info:
General event: Lion Michael Jones 705-432-8035
Volunteering: Lion Michael Jones 705-432-8035
Sponsorship and Promotion: Lion Walter Schummer 705-432-8464
or send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org